Benefits of a Pregnancy Massage
Prenatal massage is immensely beneficial and known to be therapeutic. It focuses primarily on the requirements of the soon-to-be mother as her body faces drastic changes due to pregnancy. Pregnancy massage is useful for enhancing the function of joints and muscles, improving circulation and overall body tone and relieving physical and mental fatigue to a great extent. The gentle and non-invasive style of prenatal massage could instantly be effective in easing discomfort related to pregnancy, helping the mom-to-be prepare for the upcoming labour and extend nurturing emotional support.
Ideal Position for Pregnancy Massage
Often prenatal massage therapists prefer using a special pad or table having hollowed-out areas and they provide special pillows for accommodating your breasts, as well as, your belly so that you could comfortably lie face down during advanced pregnancy months also. Sometimes, this position or posture might be stressing your lower back region, you could then consider lying on your side with supporting pillows, wedges, and even full-length body pillow.
Beneficial for Your Mind and Body
The benefits of pregnancy massage would be including a broad spectrum of physiological, psychological, and emotional benefits. You could opt for the ever-beneficial Thai massage Melbourne that is effective for both your mind and body.
Eases Stress on the Musculofascial Structures and Weight-bearing Joints
Pregnancy massage is great for alleviating musculofascial structures and weight-bearing joints. This massage is effective in alleviating numerous common discomforts associated with pregnancy including lower back pain, muscular discomforts, upper back pain, leg cramps, headaches, sciatica, tension, stiffness, carpal tunnel syndrome, acid reflux and heartburn, varicose veins, shortness of breath, nasal congestion, neck pain, edema affecting the lower extremities, interscapular pain, hip joint pain, sacroiliac, and constipation.
Some Striking Benefits of Pregnancy Massage in a Nutshell
- Improves the Elasticity & Suppleness of Your Skin Including Its Underlying Tissues.
- Boosts blood circulation to the uterus, as well as, the placenta. Due to the huge demands during pregnancy on your circulatory system, your blood volume could be shooting up to about 60 percent when compared to the pre-pregnancy volumes. With the progress in pregnancy, the uterus is supposed to become enlarged and it impacts the pelvic bowl and hinders the venous return to your heart.
- Boosts blood circulation that provides more nutrients and oxygen to both the mom and the foetus. It is also, effective in stimulating the lymph system resulting in the increase in immunity and elimination of toxins.
- Effective in stabilizing hormonal levels and relieving anxiety or depression that are triggered by hormonal changes.
- Great for soothing and relaxing your nervous system as it releases endorphins in the mom’s body. As such, the expectant mom feels immensely relaxed and more comfortable. She would be able to sleep far easily and deeply.
- Helps to maintain good posture and to adjust an altering alignment brought about by the baby’s consistent increase in weight. Massage boosts the flexibility and the muscle tone that directly enhances the capacity to carry an additional weight, while effectively relieving muscle spasms, leg cramps, aches, and pains.
- Great for easing the heart’s load and keeping your blood pressure in strict check.
- Effectively provides a safe, natural, drug-free and natural alternative option for pain relief as taking medications are restricted during pregnancy for the safety of yet unborn child.
- Prepares you for a more comfortable delivery thanks to the sedating effect on your nervous system that is known to provide stress relief and relaxation.
- Best for providing emotional support, as well as, nurturing touch to the expecting moms.
Experts recommend expecting moms to practice stretching sequences and self-massage in between the usual pre-natal massage sessions.