An Insight into the Thai Massage Techniques
Thai massage is actually an ancient and truly effective healing art. As per Thai massage tradition, man is treated and perceived holistically. A major part of practice and theory of Thai massage assumes the concept relating to the energy lines existing within the human body known as SEN. They are supposed to be imperceptible energy pathways that are almost similar to the NADI channels associated with yoga positions. Technically you could divide Thai massage Melbourne into the following.
- Meridian Line Compressing (SEN): This is actually the local practitioners’ wisdom after observing the body’s reaction while exerting pressure all along the energy lines (SEN).
- Bending or Stretching: This specific kind is actually a blend of passive stretch and massage. The ultimate objective is to elongate muscles, as well as, the ligaments of joints and bones.
- Acupressure: This kind of massage is all about using deep pressure on the organs or overlapping muscles. The pressure is exerted for stimulating just like the concept of Chinese Acupuncture.
Effective Thai Massage Techniques
Thai massage involves applying pressure on different points and energy lines. Thai massage offers a wide spectrum of passive stretching movements which are to be performed with knees, feet, elbows and hands. Thai massage promotes deep relaxation and boosts flexibility and flow of energy while stimulating all the internal organs so that they work effectively. For a truly beneficial and fulfilling experience, it is essential for the patient and the therapist to know and understand the proper techniques. The massage therapist must have adequate training. Here are some of the Thai massage techniques.
Concentration: Massage involves touching the body directly. Therefore, the masseur should concentrate hard on what she is doing so that no mistakes are done and no damage is caused. The therapist must be careful and must pay complete attention to the routines, steps and even the reaction of patients all through the session.
Body Mechanics: A relaxing massage should not cause any sort of harm or damage to the client or even the therapist. Both mechanics seem to be important and they are known to play a significant role as any kind of wrong postures could result in unwanted injuries. You need to relax your body completely. The appropriate position must really be relaxed and you should not be in one position for too long and make sure that the arm and back remain straight. The massage therapist must be in a position to do knee walking and must use her body weight simply by bending over.
Pressure: You need to use your body weight fully for exerting pressure. How much pressure needs to be exerted depends entirely on the client’s resistance. The massage therapist has to go on checking the associated reaction of facial expression, muscles, and breathing. The therapist must find out how exactly the client is feeling. The masseur should initiate by using light pressure and can keep on increasing the pressure gradually. The aim is to let the clients get used to the pressure and make them ready to accept even more pressure. However, the therapist must use her discretion and stay away from exerting too much pressure as that may lead to injuries and bruises.
Touching: The therapist must take care of personal hygiene and cleanliness. She should keep her hands warm simply by rubbing her palms together. The massage therapist must go on touching rhythmic flow.
Thai Massage Manipulations
Here are some commonly used Thai massage manipulations.
- Compressing means pressing weight straight onto the muscles.
- Squeezing is nothing but a two-way compression.
- Friction is exerting pressure in a circular motion or back and forth, on the muscles.
- Gliding could be done in a circular motion or gliding back and forth.
- Rolling is actually using well-rounded tools like stones or a log directly over the muscles in a longitudinal manner.
- Hitting, hacking and slapping for stimulating muscles rhythmically.
- Twisting is lengthening muscles diagonally.
- Stretching is elongating the joint and the muscles lengthwise.
Thai massage Melbourne is certainly different from other types of massages. There is a certain rhythm, flow, and smoothness about Thai massage therapy. It involves no drastic changes of speed or rhythm. Everything happens in an unhurried manner. Thai massage could be equated to a charmingly choreographed performance.